The Risk Modeler API enables developers to build custom applications that facilitate the transfer of data between on-premise SQL Server instances (such as a CMS, local EDM, or local RDM) and cloud-based EDMs and RDMs on Intelligent Risk Platform™.
Risk Modeler data migration processes leverage Amazon Web Services APIs, the Risk Modeler API, and Data Bridge API:
- The Data Bridge API enables Intelligent Risk Platform tenants to transfer data between cloud-based and on-premise systems.
Risk Modeler data migration supports several different options for importing and exporting exposure data and results data.
Exposure data includes all data (exposure, hazard, and financial information) that may be used to identify financial risk. In Risk Modeler, exposure data is stored and managed in a cloud-based EDM.
Risk Modeler API services enable you to import and export exposure data to and from the cloud-based EDM. These processes enable you to define and initiate workflow jobs for importing exposure data from on-premise EDMs or from flat files.
Risk Modeler supports three methods for importing exposure data in bulk:
- Multi-relational import (MRI) is a process for importing exposure data into an EDM from flat files uploaded to Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). The process leverage AWS services to upload the data via storage buckets. The Imports API manages the importation of account, location, reinsurance data to the EDM from S3. To learn more, see Import exposures using MRI.
- Risk Modeler File Storage API defines services that enable you to migrate entire EDMs to Intelligent Risk Platform from backups of EDM databases uploaded to Amazon S3. To learn more, see Import EDMs.
- RMS Data Bridge facilitates the migration from RMS Risk Browser/RiskLink to the cloud-based Risk Modeler workflows by enabling customers to import existing EDMs. Once an EDM is uploaded to Data Bridge, you can register that EDM with Risk Modeler. To learn more, see Register EDMs with Risk Modeler.
Risk Modeler Datasources API defines services that enable you to create and export cloud-based EDMs as databases artifacts that can be downloaded using AWS API services. To learn more, see Export RDMs.
Results data is data generated by Intelligent Risk Platform during risk analysis and includes all metrics generated using DLM, HD, and ALM models.
Risk Modeler stores and manages results data in a cloud-based Results Data Module (RDM). Risk Modeler API services enable you to upload and download results data to and from a cloud-based RDM to your local system.
Risk Modeler supports two methods of importing results data Intelligent Risk Platform in bulk:
- Risk Modeler File Storage API facilitates the migration the migration on-premise RDM databases to Intelligent Risk Platform. RDM databases may be uploaded as BAK databases to Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) using AWS services. Once uploaded, Risk Modeler services enable you to import that data into a cloud-based RDM To learn more, see Import RDMs
- RMS Data Bridge facilitates the migration on-premise RDM databases to managed SQL Server instances. The Import/Upload API defines services that enable you to upload and import large files (greater than 5GB in size) in multiple parts. Use this service for API integrations. To learn more, see Multipart Import Databases.
RMS offers Risk Modeler and Data Bridge API services for exporting and downloading results data:
- Risk Modeler Datasources API defines services enable you to create and download backups of cloud-based RDMs on Intelligent Risk Platform. To learn more, see Export Results as Database Artifacts.
- Data Bridge API Export services enables you to export a managed RDM database as a database artifact. To learn more, see Export Databases.
Updated 5 months ago